Laguna Environmental Center
Great Blue Heron Hall Facility Rental
Hold your event in a very special place! Great Blue Heron Hall at the Laguna Environmental Center is the perfect setting for your next meeting, symposium, professional gathering, retreat, workshop, seminar, in-service training, conference, lecture, book signing, or documentary film event.
At this time, we are NOT able to host weddings and social events at Heron Hall,
only educationally-oriented events. Please see our FAQs.
A Great Place for Your Meeting or Educational Event!
• Beautiful new building in a peaceful, pastoral setting
• Historic location overlooking the natural beauty of the Laguna de Santa Rosa
• Flexible space with a wide range of table and seating configurations
• Outdoor patio and grounds landscaped with native plants
• Wildlife observation opportunities
• State-of-the-art AV equipment and Wi-Fi
• Caterer-friendly kitchen
• Convenient location with ample, free parking
• ADA-compliant building and grounds
• Staff presence during building use
• See our full list of equipment that is available with rentals here.
• All rental proceeds benefit the Laguna de Santa Rosa Foundation
• 1,540 square foot event space (see Floor Plan)
• 1,200 square foot patio
• Magnificent views of the Laguna and Santa Rosa plain, including Mt. St. Helena and the Geysers
• Comfortable tables and chairs for up to 100 people inside, with more seating possibilities outside
• Beautiful new kitchen appliances
• Large 14 ft screen and projector
• Multiple microphones and built-in speakers
• Convenient restrooms with green features
• Easy access to patio, grounds & picnic tables
• Click here for useful, detailed DIRECTIONS to the Laguna Environmental Center.
Approximate Indoor Capacities
• Reception (mostly standing) ~150
• Assembly/Presentation (auditorium seating) ~100
• Workshop/Dining (sitting around tables) ~80-90
• Larger capacities are possible when weather allows for utilizing the additional outdoor spaces.
The Laguna Environmental Center is a wildlife preserve on historic Stone Farm, a working farm; please leave pets at home (official service animals are welcome). The Environmental Center, including Heron Hall, is a smoke-free venue.
The regular rental fee is $150/hour with a 4 hour minimum. We offer a discounted rental fee of $120/hour with a 4 hour minimum for non-profit organizations.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Please review our one-page FAQs before calling or submitting the Rental Reservation Request form.
Once you've read through the FAQ above, please complete the Rental Reservation Request form. After this form is received and reviewed by the Laguna Foundation, a Rental Agreement will be issued including the total rental cost, deposit amount, payment due dates, and rental details. See our Rental Agreement SAMPLE for details about what's included and what our requirements are for rentals.
Thank you very much for considering Great Blue Heron Hall for your event!
Your rental fees directly support the non-profit organization, the Laguna de Santa Rosa Foundation, helping us further our mission to restore and conserve the Laguna de Santa Rosa and to inspire public appreciation for this Sonoma County Wetland of International Importance.
For more information or a tour of the facility, please contact Anita Smith (707) 527-9277 x110, or email HeronHall@lagunafoundation.org.