What We Do
The Laguna de Santa Rosa Foundation works to restore and conserve the Laguna de Santa Rosa, and to inspire public appreciation for this Sonoma County Wetland of International Importance.
For 25 years, the Laguna Foundation has been the voice for Sonoma County’s most spectacular land and water asset - The Laguna de Santa Rosa.
Working closely with our partners and collaborators on conservation, restoration and education programs, we focus our efforts to:
- Collaborate with landowners, government agencies, businesses and the agricultural community to improve water quality and groundwater resources for all.
- Protect threatened and endangered plants and animals by restoring habitat.
- Attract ground-breaking scientific research to the Laguna watershed.
- Bring together technical experts, land managers and policymakers to create effective climate adaptation strategies that preserve natural resources, biodiversity, and ecosystem services.
- Remove invasive species including water primrose, pepperweed, Harding grass and pennyroyal.
- Educate and inspire people of all ages to appreciate the Laguna through school programs, workshops, and volunteer opportunities.
Kevin Munroe Selected as Executive Director
The Laguna Foundation Board of Directors is pleased to announce that Kevin Munroe, a conservation leader from Fairfax County, Virginia, will assume the position of Executive Director at the Laguna de Santa Rosa Foundation on August 3rd, 2015.
Opportunities for the public to meet and get to know Kevin Munroe are being planned. Click here to watch a recent interview with Kevin where he introduces a project he supervised.
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
Help Fund Our Future
Between now and the Laguna Garden Gala on September 13, longtime Laguna Foundation supporters Vic and Karen Trione will match every donation we receive, up to a total of $20,000. This is a great way to support the Laguna Foundation.
You can participate by making a donation on our secure donation page or attend the Laguna Garden Gala and bid on “Fund Our Future” during the live auction portion of the event.
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
Join us for an afternoon of great music, food, wine & beer, beautiful art, Laguna Farmstand & more!
All to benefit the Laguna de Santa Rosa Foundation.
Join us for fun indoor and outdoor learning adventures! New walks, talks & classes added often! See full schedule here. Coming soon:
- Laguna Photo Exhibit Opening Reception, September 26. Details.
- Creative Photography at the Laguna workshop with Susan and Neil Silverman, September 27. Details.
- Beauty and Balance: Welcoming Nature into our Gardens, special talk and tour with Maile Arnold, October 3. Details.
- Birds of Prey presentation with Larry Broderick, October 10. Details.
- Birds of Prey field trip with Larry Broderick, October 11. Details.
- Pigments from the Marsh: Natural Paints workshop with Ane Carla Rovetta, October 24. Details.
- Tule Basket workshop with Charlie Kennard, November 1. Details.
- Beaver Stewardship in California, presentation with Kate Lundquist, November 5. Details.
- Ecological Handprints: Lifting Humanity While Lowering Our Footprint, presentation with Dr. Rocky Rohwedder, November 14. Details.
- Finding Wisdom for Your Walk, workshop with Liza Weaver Brickey, December 5. Details.
- River Otter Ecology Project, presentation with Megan Isadore, February 13. Details.